1. How do I become a member of the Library?
.....ANC faculty, students, and staff are bona-fide members and no other formality is required. As soon as you get your ID Card, please visit the library once to activate your membership.
2. How do I (an outsider) use the Library?
.....Faculty, Students and Researchers from Government academic and R&D organizations are allowed to refer the Library free of charge against introduction letters from their respective organization.
3. What is “OPAC”?
.....OPAC stands for Online Public Access Catalogue. This is a database of all books, reference books, e-books, theses, reports, patents, standards etc. available in the library. It enables speedy searching of a particular book, books on a given subject, and/or a book by an author.
4. How do I borrow books?
.....Go to the library, pick up the books you like to borrow, carry these books to the Circulation Counter. Show your ID Card. The library staff will assist you in getting these books issued to you.
5. How do I renew / re-issue books I have already borrowed?
.....Off-line – Bring all books back to the library and get them renewed at the Circulation Counter.
6. Can I borrow dissertation/theses/standards/pamphlets ?
.....Standards/reports/pamphlets/ are issued only to the faculty and equivalent staff. Theses and dissertations are not issued.
7. How do I replace a lost book (What am I required to do for a lost book)?
.....Immediately declare the book as lost on prescribed application form. The latest procurement cost will be intimated to you, to pay for the cost of book.
8. How do I recommend a book for purchase in the Library?
.....Faculty, Students and staff can recommend books (including e-books, reports, theses, patents, standards etc) for purchase by the library.
9. What types of documents are kept in the Reference Collection?
.....References collection mainly contains encyclopedias, handbooks, dictionaries, directories, atlases, audio, video,CD with books, only CD and some rare collection books.
10. What shall I do if I do not get the book on the shelve?
.....First contact the library staff responsible for shelving of books in that area. If not satisfied, please contact Staff at Circulation Counter or In-charge, Circulation Section.
11. Are E-RESOURCES accessible to all the users?
E-Resources are accessible only to ANC students, faculty and staff on the campus.